POPS Executive Board Meeting Minutes
Monday August 30th, 7:30PM
Attendance: Melissa Mack (CP), Kelly Meraw (CP), Marisa Gandler (CVP), Jill Adams (CVP), Craig Peterson (T), Ayla Lari (Publicity), Susan Calcio (WHS Drama Rep), Molly Cote (PCP), Perri Gordan (WMS Drama Rep), Sherri Herman (WMS Drama Rep),
Welcome and Introductions
Approve last meetings minutes (May)
Melissa made a motion to dispense with the reading of the minutes of the May meeting and to accept them as is. Susan Calcio seconded the motion, it was unanimously passed and the minutes were accepted.
- Craig navigating financials in quickbooks
- Craig will consult with Molly and Jenn regarding appropriate budget expectations for 2021-2022
- Molly share conventional years the donations brought in year to year are expected to be spent on the current annual students with 10K savings at all times
- 10K is currently available in account
- discussion regarding the difference between the ‘activity fee’ , ‘club fee’ and it’s relationship to POPS donations.
Welcome Letter and Donation Ask
- Melissa and Kelly polled the executive board on including a ‘suggested donation’ on the welcome letter.
- Executive board agreed it might be a good move for this year.
- Clear verbiage is required about what POPS is and where that donation goes. (Also explain what the activities fee is.)
- Kelly walked through the guidelines that Mike LaCava put forward to the school board in regards to COVID protocols for performing students.
- Guidelines available here.
- Marisa Gandler mentioned a person who may like to work with Susan Calcio
- secretary position is open (Executive Board)
- fundraising coordinator position is open (Executive Board)
- WHS Dance
- WHS Tech
- WMS Orchestra
- WMS Band
- WMS Tech
- Banquet Coordinator
- Elementary Reps
- The board decided on Tuesday September 21st at 7PM for the Fall Social. Melissa has offered to host.
- POPS General Meeting: Tuesday, September 28th // Tuesday, Nov. 9th 7PM (Likely on zoom platform